Did we mention in our last post that Bec Nolan (our womens designer) was also quite the capable chef? Nope, we must have missed that while listing her other amazing qualities! Her recent interview with Urban Outfitters, which you can read here, also included two delicious recipes for vegan pancakes and juice. We have reblogged the article below, you can read the original Here. All photos taken by Bec.
Pack up your bag and head outside with these three picnic recipes from Bec Nolan, the Australian designer and artist whose life outside Byron Bay we shadowed this week in our About a Girl interview. Her ideas for spring picnicking are fresh, healthy, easy breezy and perfect for toting with you. All that's left is inviting some friends over and taking the day off...sign us up!
2.5 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp rice bran oil
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups non dairy milk
2/3 cup water
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients in small bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix until just combined, and only a few small lumps remain.
4. Pour small amounts into preheated, oiled pan, and flip when browned on the bottom and bubbles form on top.
5. Serve with maple syrup, cashew cream, berry coulis, and fresh fruit!
2 cups cashews
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
Water as needed
1. Soak cashews in water for two hours.
2. Blend cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla with a little water, adding more water until you get a creamy consistency. Blend for about five minutes until smooth.
2 cups frozen mixed berries
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Heat berries and sugar on medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries are warm and sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and lemon.